Data Engineer - Scala / Spark / Akka Streams
This company has implemented the Lightbend stack and is passionate about FP. Their tech-stack briefly includes; Scala, Akka, Spark, and Redshift.
My client is a household name within the entertainment industry. They are one of the largest and fastest-growing streaming services. They boast thousands of shows and have partnered with Apple TV, Paramount, Lionsgate, XBOX and Playstation to name a few. They are led by tech-focused enthusiasts and are looking for more talented engineers to be a part of this exciting journey.
In this role, you will be responsible for designing, building and implementing ETL pipelines. You will work closely with engineering and data science teams to tackle customer personalization and other critical areas.
What they offer:
- High salary
- Sign-on bonus
- Generous PTO
- Carted lunch and dinners
- Support with personal development
- Internal growth
- Subsided gym
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Opportunity to work alongside well-known names in the Scala community
- Expert with Scala
- Strong knowledge of Spark and exposure to Spark 2.0+
- Background in Data Engineering
- Experience with Redshift, S3, Kinesis, and Airflow
- Built real-time data pipelines
- Experience with Akka and Akka Streams
- Mathematical background
- Based in SF - (or LA, NY, Chicago)
- Passionate about tech and continuous growth