|Job title||Data Engineer|
|Contact name:||Jacob Evident|
|Published:||January 4, 2022 5:49|
Job DescriptionData Engineer
Who are you
We are looking for someone who is passionate about data. You have a strong focus on execution, delivery and customer impact and craft code that is understandable, simple and clean. You are a manager of one and a sharp communicator who can explain complex problems in clear and concise language. You have a growth-oriented mindset and a desire to teach, improve, and otherwise force multiply the strengths of the engineers that surround you. You are a fast learner and thrive on learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You are a great teammate and believe that you can achieve more on a team - that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
• You have experience designing and productionizing large-scale distributed systems built around machine-learned models and big data. Experience with ML Ops and associated best practices.
• You have strong expertise in Java and/or Scala programming languages. Python experience is a plus.
• You have experience with batch and streaming technologies: e.g Apache Flink, Apache Spark, Apache Beam, Google DataFlow.
• You have expertise with distributed data stores (Casandra, Google BigTable, Redis, ClickHouse, Elasticsearch) and messaging systems (Kafka, Google PubSub) at scale.
• You have experience with Linux, Docker, private and/or public cloud (OpenStack, GCP, AWS, Azure).
• You have experience working in a lead/senior role.
• 8+ years of relevant industry experience with at least 3+ years of data and machine learning related work or research
• BS or MS in CS or a related technical field
What we offer:
• Meaningful Work:We are a diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate team committed to a world where people share more and waste less. Every day you will have the opportunity to make a huge difference for our users, customers as well as shape the future.
• Flexibility:We believe that work is what you do, not where you do it. So we provide mobile work and flexible hours that gives you the autonomy, and scope to set your own working patterns and agendas. We empower our teams and people to decide which key moments they want to spend face to face, instead of fixing a number of office days.
• Work-Life Balance:Our people really do come first and we have lots of options for greater work-life balance including, four weeks work from anywhere per year, part-time work, and additional three months fully-paid parental leave time.
• Growth and Development:We are a global organisation who truly believes in growing our people. To support this we offer lots of development and training opportunities and provide a budget for our team members.
• Competitive Compensation:We know that our people are the key to our success and our compensation packages reflect this.
• Connection and Inclusion:Our culture is the glue that holds us together. We believe in making meaningful connections and creating an inclusive atmosphere with lots of opportunities to connect both in your day to day work and through social team activities (online and offline).