Contract Scala Developer (Scala / Akka / Kafka)
This modern and innovative company is looking to expand its team in London with someone who shares their passion for development and using the most up to date technology. If you're a Scala developer who loves a challenge and working with other great minds, this role would allow you to flourish. They're looking for someone who fit's their flexible and "can-do" ethos, and who is looking to improve and evolve with their work. This a 6-month initial contract that has a possibility of extension, and is looking for someone to start this January.
6 Months Initial contract with the possibility of an extension.
- Engineer innovative ways to efficiently reduce large datasets to be viewed on the UI.
- Work with Product owners and clients to convert complex business problems into technical solutions
- Gain an understanding of the complex technical structure of Pirum’s services, starting initially at the top level, but with increasing depth over time.
- Develop a clear understanding of business complexities specific to the Securities Lending / REPO / Equity Finance markets.
- In-depth software development experience.
- Previous experience in Scala, Akka, Kafka, Docker,
- Strong knowledge of SQL and relational data modeling.
- Experience working with services.
- Unix/Linux knowledge.
- Various tools – Jira, CVS, Phabricator, Confluence, Jenkins, Git.