Big Data Developer / real-time & large-scale distrusted systems
The Tech-stack for this roles includes; Scala, Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, AWS and Microservices. The project involves real-time & large-scale distributed systems. They are designing new strategies for continuous deployment and both hosting & cloud-based infrastructure.
You will become a significant member within the team, working on a system that makes tens-of-thousands decisions every single second. Your responsibility will be to write clean and easy code within their Scala infrastructure, as well as take part in creating the architecture. You will have the pleasure to work with a lot of autonomy to experiment, resulting in the best and cleanest code possible.
As a mid-size company, this could offer you the perfect platform and environment if you are currently working in a start-up and want to join a larger company but still maintain the start-up vibe. Or alternatively, if you are working for a large brand now but don't feel like you get enough of a voice and want to join a company where you can become a key contributor.
- Commercial experience using Scala
- Previous background using another JVM language such as Java
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud technology
- - Experience with Big Data stack (Spark / Hadoop / Kafka)
- Bonus: experience with DevOps (Terraform / Docker / Jenkins / Ansible)
- Bonus: Passion for Functional Programming