|Job title||Backend Scala Engineer|
|Contact name:||Jacob Evident|
|Published:||October 12, 2021 8:24|
Backend Scala Developer
Our client is searching for a talented backend developer to join our growing technology team. You will influence the direction of critical the services and build tools that allow us to scale rapidly.
Within a couple of days of joining, you will deploy your code to production affecting millions of users globally and write new features to attract new users and engage our user base. You will develop integrations with new partners globally so we are able to tackle underserved markets and offer better deals to customers.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
You'll work with:
- A global microservices architecture built primarily on Akka HTTP using Scala, some of the team have adopted the Typelevel Stack (Cats, http4s, Circe)
- A “You build it you run it” principle, empowering our developers to work with AWS, Kubernetes and Spinnaker
- A Quality Assistance program to build, test, release and monitor your own work
- TDD and peer-reviewing enabling you to do frequent yet resilient releases to global services
- Cross-functional teams collaborating closely with QA, data analysts and product managers
We are always looking for ways to do things better and encourage new joiners to bring their ideas and ways of working to the table. Teach us some cool stuff and we'll teach you some, but most of all, you'll have fun doing it.
Our client is currently the biggest marketplace for credit products in the UK and in South Africa with over 13 million users. We are the first company to facilitate access to credit products using Open Banking data, making credit accessible to users with no credit files or low credit scores. In the UK alone, we have established relationships with over 50 of the main lenders and have been a trusted tool for customers to manage their credit and make better financial decisions.Our company culture is a fundamental part of all we have achieved. We believe in hiring smart, driven, passionate and diverse people who are keen on having a real impact in our organisation. We trust you to manage your own time so we offer flexible work and no fixed desk hours. We don't micromanage and believe in measuring outcomes rather than effort. We have an inclusive culture where all, regardless of seniority, are encouraged to contribute with their ideas, look after their wellbeing and actively seek opportunities for career growth.